This is one of the most important events of the year for WCS.
Now, more than ever we need your support for a cause that is very important for the Wildlife Conservation Society – 96 Elephants. The 96 Elephants campaign, named for the number of elephants currently gunned down each day by poachers, focuses on: securing effective U.S. moratorium laws; bolstering elephant protection with additional funding; and educating the public about the link between ivory consumption and the elephant poaching crisis. You can learn more about 96 Elephants at the official site, www.96elephants.org.
Here’s how you can help:
· Let the kids get creative and color in their own elephant, using a special template; take a picture of their masterpiece and share on social media using the hashtag #elphie
· Print out elephant masks for the entire family and take pictures of yourselves wearing the masks, then upload them to social media using the hashtag #elphie. Here’s a link to print the mask: http://bit.ly/1s1IZTr
· On , World Elephant Day, change your social profile picture to be one of you in the elephant mask and include the caption “join the herd” along with a link to the 96 Elephants information page: http://pages.96elephants.org/
· Go to 96elephants.org and sign-up and I encourage you to take the pledge to not buy ivory and support the US ban (and state bans) against ivory sales.
· Donate a tweet or Facebook post to the cause via Thunderclap and help spread the word together, all at once, on World Elephant Day. thndr.it/1kqIbYo
· Visit the Bronx Zoo, Central Park Zoo, or other WCS parks on World Elephant Day or anytime during the week of and show your support by wearing grey and participating in elephant themed educational activities.
· Download the 96 Elephants advocacy tool kit and take part in all you can!
· Follow 96 Elephants on social media: Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube
Together we can help save the Elephants.
Disclosure: I received one or more of the products mentioned in this post to help facilitate my review. All opinions are mine and I was not influenced in any way. Please contact Casey@themeparkmamablog.com with any questions.